iPhone SE 2: A Cheaper Alternative

Source: Nathan Yee

iPhone SE 2 Box

Nathan Yee, Staff Writer and Copy Editor

Any current or past owners of any Apple products know that Apple has a long history of selling pricey pieces of technology. However, on April 15th, many tech fans were surprised and intrigued by Apple’s announcement and the debut of the iPhone SE second generation, a small device with the extremely powerful internals, and on top of that, it retails at only 399 dollars. 

iPhone SE 2 was originally announced a little over two weeks ago, but unlike the other extravagant events Apple holds to announce new devices, the iPhone SE 2’s announcement was very discreet as the only thing Apple did was post the phone on their website.

Not only did the introduction of the iPhone SE shock tech enthusiasts, but the specs of the small device were also quite surprising. The iPhone SE 2 sports an A13 CPU (central processing unit), the same processor in Apple’s most modern flagship phones, the iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Additionally, Apple includes 3 gigs of RAM (random access memory), which is equivalent to that of the iPhone XR. If that wasn’t enough, the phone also features the same single camera, 12 mega-pixel setups as the iPhone XR, a device known for taking some of the best photos on the market. 

The downside to the iPhone SE 2: It has the externals of the iPhone 8. Although the iPhone SE 2 is a powerful device internally, from the outside of the device it looks the same as any other iPhone 8, the model that was released two-and-a-half years ago. If you’re someone who wants the newest, most futuristic tech, you might want to check out other options, like the iPhone 11 or the iPhone 11 Pro.

Abigail Yee, a sixth-grade student at McAuliffe states, “It seems good, but it looks kind of old.”

Another student, Hayden Vong, who is an eighth-grader at McAuliffe states, “The phone is super good, and it is at a good price.”

All in all, the iPhone SE 2 is a great choice for anyone who wants superb performance and maybe isn’t willing to pay the thousand dollars for the Pro models. It’s portable, efficient, and powerful.