Go Los Al Go!

Source: motox810

Coach talking to his players.

Payton Rofe, Staff Writer & Copy Editor

Los Alamitos High School is known as one of the highest performing schools in the county. It is rated nineteenth out of one-hundred schools in California, but what makes it such a top-quality school, some would argue, is their outstanding athletics program. Los Al offers 19 different sports programs. Every sport, besides football, offers male and female teams, with freshman, junior varsity, and varsity skill levels.

One of the many sports offered by LAHS is football. Football is a fall sport, and over 200 students participated in the program during the 2018-2019 school year. This program is extremely successful and has claimed over twenty league championships. 

Baseball is another program that has been quite successful over the years. There are approximately 70 players between the three teams.  The baseball program equates its success to discipline and an incredibly strong work ethic.

Logan Rofe, a Los Alamitos baseball player, states, “[Baseball] is an intense game that requires both mental and physical skills, as well as maximum effort at all times.” That level of effort from all the players is what helped earn the baseball program its 14 Sunset League championships.

Another sport offered by LAHS is soccer. Both the girls’ and boys’ programs are extremely competitive and successful. In fact, the boys’ program has eight Sunset League championships with its most current championship coming in 2016, while the girls’ program has five Empire League championships, along with 10 Sunset League championships. The girls’ program has approximately 80 participants throughout the three skill levels, while the boys’ program has approximately 70 participants. Both teams’ most recent championship came during the 2018-2019 school year.     

Reezyn Turk of the varsity soccer team states, “If you are willing to work hard and be a team player, the Los Alamitos High School athletics programs are for you.”