New Year, New Me

Wikimedia Commons

Image of New Years Fireworks

Kedric Delaney, Staff Writer

2020 is behind us and set a pretty low standard, so look forward to the positive in 2021. You can create your personalized future and the ways that it can impact you and others around you.

Some ideas that can influence you are, “spend more time outside, create lasting memories, learn something new, do good, and make room for self-care,” according to GoBreck, the official website guide to Breckenridge, Colorado. Breckenridge is known for its ski resort and mountain activities. These options can make you a better person or the person you desire to be. One thing that can make you see the good in anything is complaining less. Since 2020 was not the best year because of dealing with many life and death situations, many complained about the small things, but you should just be thankful for what you have.

Another reason for having hope for this year is because many companies are coming out or came out with a COVID-19 vaccine. In agreement with this statement is McAuliffe’s sixth grade math and science teacher, Kimi Redden. She states,”I believe that 2021 is going to be a better year than 2020 because of the COVID vaccine. Knowing that there is a vaccine for COVID brings hope that our society can slowly get back to ‘normal’ in the upcoming year. Being able to spend time with my family and friends and to have all students back in school five days a week will already make the year better! Being able to resume traveling and attending sporting events (which I have missed terribly) will be the icing on the cake!”

Mind over matter will impact the way you see things. According to Redden, “I can influence the way 2021 turns out to be by having the right mindset. It all boils down to having an ‘attitude of gratitude.’ Remembering how blessed I am each day goes a long way in how I perceive the year and how I interact with my community.”

All in all, having the ability to control and overcome difficult situations using the mind may help you discover the ideal way of thinking, living and becoming an outstanding individual.