Get To Know Mrs. LeTourneau!

Serenity Powell, Staff Writer

Q: What do you like about McAuliffe Middle School?

A: Something that I like about McAuliffe Middle School is that the staff is here for the right reasons, which is to encourage students to be and do their very best and to support them. There is a great sense of school pride. I love our mascot, which is an eagle because it symbolizes strength and soaring to great heights.

Q: What don’t you like about McAuliffe Middle School?

A: Something that I don’t like about McAuliffe Middle School is, in general, that there are always issues with bullying and the kids not building each other up, but it’s not that McAuliffe has more of that than other schools it just kind of hurts my heart to see kids hurting each other.

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

A: In my free time, I like to spend time with my family. I like to take long walks at the beach, read books, and binge watch some good Netflix shows.

Q: Why did you choose to apply at McAuliffe Middle School?

A: I applied for McAuliffe Middle School because this district in particular is known for being one of the best and how it really supports teachers to support students. That kind of environment is super special. And I truly believe in their policy and heart for kids. 

Q: Why did you choose to apply as a teacher?

A: I chose to apply as a teacher because I really do love working with kids and helping them to feel great about who they are, and to have a positive impact on who they are going to become. Also because I was an English major…that’s what I studied in college and so I really loved books and writing and all that with English. I think it’s important that people have a heart for kids, but also for what they teach.

Q: What is your favorite part of being a teacher?

A: My favorite part of being a teacher is probably when I really know that a student has connected and feels great about themself and I’ve had a part in that. That’s my favorite part of seeing the students really thrive.

Q: What do you think about the students at McAuliffe Middle School?

A: Well, they’re the best!

Q: Have you read any of the articles from The Birdwatch?

A: I have!

Q: What is one of your favorites?

A: Meaghan did a really nice article on the CJSF field trip to UC Irvine and I really like all of the polls and surveys that are on there. I think they are fun and interactive. Also, I really like the one about Tik Tok because I’m always up for learning about Tik Tok. I want to stay hip and courageous.

Q: If you could travel anywhere you want, where would it be?

A: I would probably travel to Greece.

Q: Have you traveled anywhere?

A: Yes. I have been to Italy, London, Mexico, Canada, and many, many states in the U.S.A.

Q: How does it feel to be a parent?

A: It feels like a huge responsibility, but it has the best feeling in the world. Basically, a combination of those. A huge responsibility, but has such a special impact.