The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Decorated+Christmas+tree+in+New+Yorks+Rockefeller+Center.++

Source: nycmayorsoffice

Decorated Christmas tree in New York’s Rockefeller Center.

Ivy Sowers, Staff Writer

There are many different Christmas events happening in our community this December, but the most important ones are those held for the kids and teachers of Los Alamitos. 

To kick off the holiday season, there was a Christmas tree lighting in Seal Beach, CA, on November 23. In addition to the tree lighting, this event included visits with Santa Claus, snowman competitions, snow slides, and much more. 

Another event worth looking forward to includes the Seal Beach Christmas Parade coming this Friday, December 6. This annual parade includes performances by local clubs and organizations. Citizens can enjoy hot chocolate with marshmallows and watch on the side as the festive event moves along.

Teachers will also have plenty of events to enjoy this December. They will have their annual holiday brunch, an optional Secret Santa gift exchange, and other fun events. Ms. Copeland, a seventh-grade core teacher, states “We have lunch-ins and Secret Santas for all of the teachers to enjoy.”

However, the greatest holiday events in December are the ones created to help those who are less fortunate than others. Mcauliffe Middle School students and administrators try to make the holidays special for everyone. According to Assistant Principal Mrs. Vienna, this includes hosting clothing, toy, and food drives to assist people in need and make their holidays the best they can be. 

For many of us, this is the most wonderful time of the year and we are very excited to see, enjoy, and participate in these holiday events.